28 October 2010

Teaching Filipino Made Easy

It's been a year when I started teaching Filipino. It's a little bit hard. But it’s challenging. :-)

Although, I can copy my old self made lesson plan but not all its details because I need to improve it with the new techniques I learned from peer, from seminars and others. Sometimes, the length of preparation remains the same. Hence, it takes a longer time referring to the old one. I need to make comparison. Later, I decided to do it alone with the new strategies. It's not that I just don't want to give more time for it. But...I just have a lot of things to prepare. Namely: ICT I, ICT III, Computer Education I for Special Science Class and Values Education. With these subjects, my time is not only for LP but for visual aids too. I am handling two sections for ICT I and I section for the special Science class. Both are first years but they don’t share the same preparation. CompEd is quite advanced that it consume topics for ICT I and II. For ICT III, I only have one section. For my advisory class, we have the Filipino and Values.

It’s my first time teaching on both of the subjects mentioned. Well, I love ICT of course thought it’s quite far from my field of specialization (Architectural Drafting). Speaking of Filipino, well, I still love it anyway, I love the challenge! Life can never be boring with new experiences. Some may think it's laborious but never with me because in every task I do is an offering, a thanksgiving. I also would like to share one of my favorite bible quotes about service. Ephesians 6:5-7
Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; not by way of eye service, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men.”

I’ve already got a long introduction. Lol. Well, I can never begin with an ending anyway. :-) Actually, I just would like to share this new page by the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE). This is intended for all teachers under the Department of Education, Philippines. It is found at http://bse.portal.ph/. It was introduced to us by the school principal of TNVS during our INSET Seminar 2010. It is where I found learning modules in Filipino and a lesson plan. Both can be downloaded. This really made my task easier. I will not be wasting time of thinking what and how can I make it perfect. Because, a perfect tool for this, is already within my reach. It’s just a modem away.

With learning modules, it supplies not only Filipino but also other subjects. The same with the lesson plans. Both items are submitted, corrected and then published. When it is published it can already be read and downloaded by anybody who needs it.

A special thanks to those who initiated this idea. To the contributors of this reference, thank you for sharing your knowledge. A lot of teachers can benefit this fruit of labor from you.




1 comment:

  1. i am not a teacher but my mom is, when she was still alive and teaching i used to see her waking up early morning to do lesson plan, and she asked for help for some drawings and decorations for her classroom.
    Hail to you, Mam:)

    ReplyDelete

Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

Create your paypal account now!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.